Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Birthdays

I am officially one year older. I don't feel any older, but the calendar says so. I still feel 20-something'ish.  When I am looking at people mag or something and I see a picture of someone and it says they are around my age and to me they looked older than that, I think--do I look that old? Do I look 33? How old would people guess I am? Hmmmm.......now that's something to ponder.  I have been graduated from high school for how long!! 14 years! Wow-where does time go?  You are only as old as you feel--so I am still 24-that's a good number.  Although I feel great now at 33--I feel I know ME. I know what I want in life (so I think), I know what makes me happy, I know that I am who I am and if you don't like that-well, tough. So I will claim being 33. :) 

I celebrated my birthday with a concert to see Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan, and The Band Perry. It was fabulous!  Tim and Luke know how to shake their stuff, and they sing pretty good music as well.  My mom traveled with me to this concert. We went to Fargo, then rode to Grand Forks with my aunt and cousins.  It was a great girl time! We did a little shopping in Fargo, then headed back home.  My brothers had a couple birthday gifts for me as well-they are so sweet. And I still have to spend my birthday cash-haven't decided yet on what though.


Yesterday we spent some time in the boat-more work! No fun yet. We also started mowing the lawn, but I quit when the wind was throwing it all back in my face. I believe I had grass in my underwear by the end of the day. So we still haven't officially mowed our whole lawn-just bits and pieces. I took Ryder for his Kindergarten placement test.  He did awesome!! When we got home Quay asked him if he aced his first school test and he replied-"yah".  Hahaha! Cutie-patootie!  The teachers were impressed with how well he listened and concentrated.

On to a new day--it's rainy outside today, so not sure what our agenda will be.  Rain rain go away-come back another day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment