Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Simply Sunday

Sunday is coming to a close again. It was a nice day today-the temps crept up and turned out to be a beautiful fall day. Ryder and I headed out to my parents house around 11am. We went for a walk down the road with my dad, the dog, and 3 of my brothers. We saw 3 snakes on our walk {one was dead} out sunning themselves. When we got back it was time for lunch and some FOOTBALL! There were lots of good games today, and it's always more fun to watch with more people. Quay got up and came out at about 12:30pm, so we got to spend the afternoon with him as well. 

We came home this evening to get Ryder ready for school again tomorrow. He practiced piano {he started lessons last week}, and read some books.  He got a few new books through the book order at school. One was titled, "There was an old lady that swallowed some books". As I was reading it I couldn't help but 'sing' it. Ryder was having a cow because "that's not a song mom!" Well....when I was done reading that to him I proceeded to sing the real song, "there was an old lady who swallowed a fly". He listened to me sing the whole song with delight on his face and a smile on his lips.  When I was done he says to me, "sing it again!" So I did. And he sang along.  He claims to have never heard that song, I just think it's been that long. 
I love that I can still make him look at me like I am a superhero for teaching him a new funny song. I've still got it! He is growing up so fast, I just want him to stay little so I can remain "supermom".

No comments:

Post a Comment