Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

11 Years

That's right-11 years! I have been married for more than a decade, and it's been one heck of a roller coaster ride-but I have loved every minute of it-sure there were a few seconds in there that I wanted to string him up-but those seconds passed and I went right back to loving my life with the man that captured my heart when I was only 16.  I can't imagine my life without Quay in it. He has always been there for me in my emotional ups and downs throughout our marriage, and there have been a lot of them!  In our 11 years-we have gone through heartache, but we have managed to always stick together through it and not let it tear us apart.  We have experienced wonderful joy in the birth of our son 6 years ago, whom has made our life so incredibly rewarding! 

So what makes for a happy marriage that lasts? I am NO expert on it, but with the experience I have under my belt-of course I have some advice. We stay true to one another and always have each other's backs.  Fight-it's healthy for your relationship-holler, scream-get it out of your system; then make up because the fight was probably about something dumb anyways.  Learn to apologize (I still have a hard time with this one). Admit you're wrong when you're wrong (I am NEVER wrong! Haha!).  Tell each other 'I love you' and hug and kiss daily. Get alone time without your spouse every now and then, you still need your friends time.  Hold hands in the car. Talk, talk, talk to each other. Laugh together. Okay-I guess that's it for now. It's late and I am tired-so I can only think so much.

Today I spent the day with Ryder and Misty in Bismarck shopping.  Quay is working OT for 2 days before his normal shift, so I didn't even see him on our anniversary other than seeing him sleeping in bed after he got home from work. I have talked to him numerous times though, so that counts too. We had fun in Bismarck-hope we do it again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment